Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"

On Thursday, my parents accompanied me down to Cincinnati to look at apartments.  We looked at about 3 or 4 places and on Friday, 2 more.  Also on Friday, I had orientation for my job and received my curriculum books.

Before leaving for home, I put down a security deposit for an apartment.  The plan is to move in two weeks time.  I can't believe everything is falling into place! I was unable to look at the apartment I am to live in, but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith that everything will turn out okay.  Hopefully, fortune will smile on me and the apartment will be wonderful.  I am getting very excited about moving out and living on my own.  Hello independence!

On Friday, I had my orientation for my pre school job.  The orientation basically consisted of the assistant superintendent going over the benefit of the job.  I also received paperwork that I need to fill out, as well as 5 volumes of curriculum.  There is so much to do in so little time! I need to start organizing my things, pack, get a physical and begin planning for the upcoming school year!

Yesterday, we had a neighborhood garage sale and I sold about $6 of stuff. Then, I walked around my neighborhood and bought some items for my apartment: a lamp and a table. My mom took the lamp and made it look brand new. She painted it black and added beaded fringe around the lamp shade.  It looks really cool! My parents are also giving me four dining chair, which I am getting painted black.

So excited!

Quote from Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne 

1 comment:

Share your thoughts, dreams, suggestions, whatever you want!