Thursday, January 3, 2013

GushFest!

Hello there, dear readers! It's been a long time since I've updated and for that, I apologize.  Lately, I've been very lax with writing Website Review Wednesday posts and Teacher Insight Thursday posts.  But, it's been a busy month for me. Let's see:

School has been tremendously busy.  I work for a head start program, so licensing comes in to make sure everything is in order in our classrooms.  Therefore, I have been hard at work getting the classroom prepared for their visit.  Much of my time has been focused on that.  Once licensing comes, I hope to have more time to spend writing for my blog.  So please, bear with me.

My boyfriend and I visited his family in Michigan.  Then we went and spent Christmas with my family.  The week we spent in my hometown was actually a lot of fun! My boyfriend accompanied me to the usual family Christmas gatherings.  However, we also explored the Cleveland area a bit.  We went to the West Side Market, which I sincerely recommend if you are ever in Cleveland.  Here is a link to there website.  I got some pretzel bread (my favorite), delicious cupcake truffles in hot chocolate, chocolate lover, and red velvet, and some American cheese for my grilled cheeses.  After the market, we went to the Great Lake's Brewing Company for lunch.  I had a bacon and chicken sandwich marinated with their Dortmunder Gold beer, served on a pretzel bun.  It was delicious to say the least.  


We returned to our apartment only to stay one day before heading out again.  My boyfriend and I accompanied one of my best friends and the guy she is dating to Nashville, Tennessee to celebrate New Years.  It was a blast!  In the past, I've celebrated the New Year by visiting family, family friends, or staying in and watching the ball drop with my parents and siblings.  It was amazing to try something new and to bring in the new year Country Style.  Every bar we went to, a live band was playing.  It was amazing! Funny story too (well, at the time it wasn't very funny).  It was around two in the morning when my boyfriend and I headed back to the hotel.  We had been separated from our group and were feeling pretty tired.  About 5 or more cabs drove past us without a second glance before we realized we weren't going to catch one.  Unfortunately, our only option was to walk back to the hotel.  I wouldn't have minded so much if I weren't wearing a dress and high heeled shoes and if it wasn't pouring rain.  We walked 2 and a half miles in the rain to our hotel.  That was probably one of the worst experiences of my life.  But now that experience is behind me and I am still glad we went to Nashville.  

Today, I saw Les Miserables with my boyfriend.  To say it was amazing would be an understatement.  I have never seen the musical live as there weren't any opportunities for me to.  So you can imagine my excitement when I finally got to see it, even if it was in cinematic form.  Anyways, I don't think I've ever cried that many times during a movie.  The songs were emotional, beautiful and moving.  I was pleasantly surprised by Anne Hathaway's singing.  Her rendition of I Dreamed a Dream was flawless and full of raw pain.  I cried the first time during this song.  The film had a wonderful cast as well.  Russel Crowe played the villain very well, Hugh Jackman was amazing as always, and I've always been a big fan of Amanda Seyfried.  Eddie Redmayner was a force to be reckoned with when he sang Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.   He was a very beautiful singer.  Finally, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter provided much needed comic relief.  Helena Bonham Carter happens to be one of my favorite actresses, so I was extremely happy to see her in this film.  If you haven't seen Les Miserables yet, I highly recommend it.  I definitely plan on purchasing the film once it comes out on DVD.


I return to work on Monday, which is a very good thing.  Why do you ask? Well, let me put it this way.  This afternoon, I watched Days of Our Lives and an America's Next Top Model Marathon on the Style network all day.  Not exactly the best way to spend my time.

Well, that's all for now! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Share your thoughts, dreams, suggestions, whatever you want!