Sunday, December 16, 2012

"There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were."

Quote by President Dwight D. Eisenhower


I am the teacher of 30 preschoolers.  The thought that someone could hurt any of them makes me sick to my stomach.  On Monday, when I pick up my students at the door, I intend to hug every one of them.


What happened on Friday in Newtown, Connecticut is an unfathomnable tragedy.  I can only imagine the pain the parents of these children are experiencing right now.  So, I would like to dedicate this blog post to the 20 children and 6 adults that lost their lives.  I wish to extend my deepest sympathies to these families and offer my thoughts and prayers to them during this terrible time.

One of my former classmates shared this link with me and I would like to share it with others.  If you are a teacher, you might be asked about what happened on Friday by your students.  The link below offers up advice on how to address this tragedy with your students.


To the children and adults that lost their lives in this senseless tragedy, may you rest in peace.


No comments:

Share your thoughts, dreams, suggestions, whatever you want!