Friday, July 13, 2012

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step"

Today is Friday, July 13 which means that in one week, I will be attending an orientation for new teachers.  I will also look at apartments in the area and hopefully decide on a place to live.  In about three weeks, my adventure begins.  My parents and I will pack up a moving truck and head to my new apartment.

Lao Tzu's quote above epitomizes my life right now.  Now, there are many points in my life where you could say my journey of a thousand miles began.  Maybe it was when I took that first step as a baby.  It might have been when I began babysitting or when I took my first step into a first grade classroom to volunteer 4 years ago.  However, I believe that my journey began when I declared myself as an Early Childhood Educator.

There were many people who helped me reach the place I now find myself.  Mr. Tawney and Ms. Banner helped me solidify my decision to become an educator when they placed me in a first grade classroom my senior year.  Countless professors at Miami provided me with the training to become a teacher.  My parents provided me with unwavering support and stood by me through the ups and downs.  Yet when it comes down to it, the most important person who helped me reach my goal of becoming a teacher is me.  I attribute my success to how passionate I was and still am about the education of young children.  Passion was the driving force that kept me on the path of becoming an educator, even when I hit bumps in the road.  Teaching is my calling and I am anxious and excited to begin my career.  Pre-school, here I come!

No comments:

Share your thoughts, dreams, suggestions, whatever you want!